PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST - BALZAC, AB
AMGAS Services Inc. is the leading Emission Control solution provider to the Oil and Gas Industry. For over 29 years, AMGAS has led the industry in H2S and noxious emission control, supplying a complete line of scrubbers and chemicals.
AMGAS is seeking people who not only want a job; we are looking for people who are career-minded and willing to grow and advance within the AMGAS team.
AMGAS is currently looking to fill the following position:
The Procurement Specialist position is committed to providing superior customer service to the internal clients of the company and achieving the best value for goods and services purchased. This position is a technical and business-oriented role responsible for negotiating, coordinating, and managing external supply chains for new and existing products and seek out new opportunities to improve current sourced products and material costs for production, operations, and quality control. This position will also be responsible to source best cost & service transportation of goods from vendors as well as internal movement of goods and equipment to multiple company branches.
-Included duties but not limited to-
- Support or participate in new product development and launches while monitoring and reporting on supplier or supply readiness to the product launch teams
- Prepare RFQ’s and seek quotations from current or new suppliers, negotiate prices, lead-times and shipping terms
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and make recommendations accordingly
- Ensure company’s procurement activities conform to established policies and procedures resulting in fair and equal marketplace access
- Monitor delivery and quality.
- Facilitate or assist to resolve supplier quality issues
-Qualifications and Skills-
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a Procurement role
- Oilfield experience and knowledge are strong assets
Application Deadline: open until filled.
All applicants are thanked in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.